Thu, Mar 17|
HBFI Breastfeeding Level I - THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LOW REGISTRATION
Time & Location
Mar 17, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – Mar 18, 2022, 3:30 p.m.
About the event
- 2 day course (WHO/UNICEF competency based model)
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm daily for 2 consecutive days
- 12 L CERPs
- Pre-requisite: None
Kathy Venter - RN, IBCLC
Any health care worker/volunteer that provides care/support in a maternal and child health setting and is looking for education in human lactation and breastfeeding.
Goals & Objectives:
- The establishment of an enabling environment to protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
- Institutional practices that support and respect mothers informed decisions around infant feeding in accordance with the updated Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (2018).
- Increased capacity and commitment among health care and support workers to support breastfeeding women through evidence-based practice.
- Increased capacity and commitment to implement the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and all relevant subsequent WHA Resolutions.
- Anatomy & physiology, biochemistry & immunology
- Breastfeeding and primary health care
- Practical breastfeeding skills
- Breastfeeding and illness of Mother/baby
- Challenges & special circumstances
- What formula feeding parents need to know.
- Expression & storage, human milk banking
- Introduction to BFI and the WHO Code.
Registration is not complete until payment has been received. Courses are held virtually on Zoom
Breastfeeding Level I$295.00