Thu, Apr 28|
HBFI Breastfeeding Level II - CANCELLED
Time & Location
Apr 28, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – Apr 29, 2022, 3:30 p.m.
About the event
- 2 day course (WHO/UNICEF competency based model)
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm daily for 2 consecutive days
- 11 L, and 1 E CERPs
- Pre-requisite: HBFI Level I WHO/UNICEF course or equivalent is required.
Kathy Venter - RN, IBCLC
Health care workers who provide direct care in a maternal and child health setting that are wishing to advance their education and knowledge in human lactation and breastfeeding.
Goals & Objectives:
This two-day advanced course further explores, promotes and supports human lactation and breastfeeding through examining current evidence-based, best practice.
- Emergent case-based learning methodology is used to apply the information gained through level 1 or equivalent in a more clinically focused context, learning from and with each other to develop practical and effective care plans.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Neurobiology and attachment
- Assessment of infant feeding
- Milk supply issues
- Using technology
- Supplementing the Breastfeeding Baby
- Breast dynamics – dealing with challenges
- Maternal health and breastfeeding outcomes
- Informed decision-making discussions
- Research and best practice
Registration is not complete until payment has been received. Courses are held virtually on Zoom
Breastfeeding Level II