Thu, Mar 31|
HBFI & Formula Fed Infant: Protection & Support Course POSTPONED
Time & Location
Mar 31, 2022, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
About the event
- 2.5 hour course
- 7:30 – 10:00 pm
- No CERPs
- Pre-requisite: None
Kathy Venter - RN, IBCLC
Health care workers and people assisting families with infant feeding who are looking for information on how to improve support of formula feeding families.
Goals and Objectives:
A 2.5 hour course that explores the Baby-Friendly Initiative and how it supports and protects all types of infant feeding, including formula feeding.
The Baby-Friendly Initiative and How It Protects and Supports The Formula Fed Infant
- The updated BFHI (2017): the approach towards non-breastfeeding families
- How the WHO Code influences the quality and safety of artificial baby foods for the protection of infants and young children.
A Brief History of Infant Feeding
- An interesting look at infant foods and feeding equipment
- Social influences and infant feeding decisions
What Is Infant Formula
- Composition and manufacturing process
- Health Canada recommendations
Considering The Formula Fed Infant
- Informed decisions
- Cue based responsive feeding and optimal outcomes
- Recognizing issues: sensitivities and discomforts
- Finding resources and support
Registration is not complete until payment has been received. Courses are held virtually on Zoom
Formula Fed Ticket